Dan Cox, 3 Aug 2015
VR Project Proposal
We would like to provide an opportunity to do applied research in the field of VR technology, with the aim of creating better VR experiences for the end user.
This research would ideally focus on:
- More efficient content creation for VR applications (e.g. object/scene capture)
- Exploring networked interactions between multiple VR users (e.g. voice to mouth movement, environment factors, eye tracking, avatars)
- Exploring augmented reality and the interaction of VR with real world (e.g. overlaying physical world into virtual world)
- Essential knowledge areas: computer science, maths for 3D graphics, physics, software engineering, knowledge of computer architecture and optimisation, programming skills (languages: C/C++/C#)
- You should provide a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should reference at least one of the prospective topic areas and give evidence of game projects / demos you have created (both inside and outside of University), evidence of VR projects worked on and your experience or interest in computer vision.
This project is based at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe R&D in London.
It is funded under our standard EngD package with a tax-free stipend of £16,577 pa plus a substantial top-up from the company.
We also provide funding for equipment and conference attendance.
Please note this position is only open to UK/EU applicants.